1. Where are you currently based?
I’m from Eugene, Oregon and part of the Art & Technology BFA at the UO!
2. How would you describe what you do? If you're an artist/collective, where do you get your ideas? If you are a distro/publisher, how do you find your artists?
Recently my answer to this has changed, I think. I think of myself first and foremost as an illustrator, but recently I’ve been writing lots of poetry and music, playing around with performance and sculpture. Maybe by the end of my degree I’ll have a better answer for you, haha.
3. What is the last comic or zine you read?
I picked up a copy of Tillie Walden’s Spinning as soon as I could - her work is so beautiful. I highly recommend!
4. What do you like about zine/comics festivals?
Last year at EUZINE was my first fest, and it was such an incredible experience that my friends and I organized one on UO campus! It’s so wonderful to create a space for people who are extremely passionate about their work and to be able to open that up to the community. So many artists or makers struggle to burst into the public sphere for so many reasons. Zine fests are the perfect platform for independent artists to share their work and build a community.
5. What are you most excited about that you'll have at EUZINE Fest?
I will have a collection of poems/comics called “The Walk Between Your Place and Mine” which is very close to my heart. I read it at the EUZINE reading a few weeks back… I made it while abroad in Denmark and I’m so excited to bring it to Eugene.
6. Do you have any upcoming projects or other events you'll be partaking in?
My first show for my BFA is on November 10th! 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at 19th and Oak Alley! I feel so lucky to be a part of this cohort, come check it out.